The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

Lots of kitties in Birmingham

Devi

Lots of kitties in Birmingham

Post by Devi on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:07 am

I hope nobody minds me posting this here, please delete if you do.
I foster cats and kittens for Wellcat in Birmingham, and I have some beautiful kittens available now, some due in 7 weeks, and one cat in about 6 weeks.
http://www.wellcat.org.uk/cats/regular-cats-2.html
If you copy and paste this address you can see my last foster kittens about 2 photos down as 'Hollys Kittens', that would be me! As you can see, they're super cute and ever so friendly, being as they were home reared and played with every spare minute by my 7 year old daughter. There were 5 males and a female originally, but 2 have been rehomed.
My latest fosters I don't have pictures of yet, but there is a classic tabby mother and 2 classic tabby kittens that are currently about a week old. They only got to me yesterday, so I don't know their personalities yet, but if anyone is interested, please get in touch and I'll keep you up to date as they grow.
All kittens need to go in pairs, and the mum will go alone once she is neutered.
Thank you!
yorkiegirl
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Lots of kitties in Birmingham

Post by yorkiegirl on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi
Please can you say if they are all wormed/deflead & also if home checks are carried out. Also do you offer rescue back up if they need to be returned for any reason.

http://dogrescue-pages.forumotion.com
Devi

Post by Devi on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:23 pm

All will be wormed, defleaed with frontline and vaccinated. Home checks are carried out dependant on circumstance, for example family homes that have had other pets no, but a young couple in a flat, probably yes.
The rescue will always take a cat back regardless of reason for returning.
Both the rescue and myself are happy to offer help and advice if problems are encountered, and I'm actually taking back one of my foster mums for a week in october so the new owners don't have to pay cattery fees!

Cher

Post by Cher on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:16 pm

well done, it sounds as tho you are all doing a great job. I hope you manage to find good homes for them all, I know rescue work in any field is hard these days x
Devi

Post by Devi on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:23 pm

All kittens from that post found homes, both the older 6 on the photo, and the mum and 2 kittens from the second batch, who have found a place for all three of them! I'm currently without fosters because kitten season has passed, but no doubt it'll start again in February!!
Luckily the adopter of the last mum and kittens has agreed to foster some too, so next year we can save even more!

Cher

Post by Cher on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:42 pm

thats wonderful. I dont think fosterers realise how valuable they are to a rescue. I was only a very small rescue with on average only 3/5 fosterers at a time but I couldn't have kept going without them. I bet you feel the same. A big WELL DONE on behalf of all the happy kitties x

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:31 am