The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

DOG SHOW 2012

Re: DOG SHOW 2012

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:26 pm

Doesn't Pickles mean Tandymar's Scottish event Cowboyz? Grantham's a bit far away. lol!
Sheilaxx

And Monty Ponty is waving his sausage at you and you never answered his question!!

cowboyz
FORUM BUDDY

Post by cowboyz on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Yes you can send me a few sausages Monty I am quite partial to a sausage or two

This is the Grantham Show so am presuming pickles is invited to take a few of everyone enjoying themselves..

Shielaj you do make me laugh.............. Monty waving his sausage indeed .. with my two ladies looking ...

Maybe pickles is going to tandymars as well... cheers cheers cheers

Ladycool
Total Bampot
Total Bampot

Post by Ladycool on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:34 pm

cowboyz wrote:GRANTHAM TRAVEL LODGE have rooms for £10.00 per night ..

I coulndt find any of thos £10 per night places Jennie , took a look yesterday and cheapest I could find was £29.... scratch

gail
PIMP
PIMP

Post by gail on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:44 pm

ladycool wrote:
cowboyz wrote:GRANTHAM TRAVEL LODGE have rooms for £10.00 per night ..

I coulndt find any of thos £10 per night places Jennie , took a look yesterday and cheapest I could find was £29.... scratch

twas an offer that's finished now Sad

chihuahuamom

Post by chihuahuamom on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:48 pm

chihuahuamom wrote:i have had another brainwave.....my very good friend Sarah runs a pampering business called Pretty Kitty, i have spoken to her already as she is looking to do more promo days. basically the company come to your home and do pamper parties for young girls, hen parties, makeovers, massage, individual appointments....My idea was to let her have a stand at the dog show, she could do mini nail paints, toe paints, shoulder massage for small contribution. All contribution would go you YTTBR of course, but Sarah would have the opportunity of spreading the word of her business, getting more bookings. We would benefit from another way of fund raising, having something different to keep people at the show all day......i can get a few more helpers from my daughters school......what do you guys think? just wanted to run it by you x

not sure if anyone saw this? just an idea? x

tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:02 am

chihuahuamom wrote:
chihuahuamom wrote:i have had another brainwave.....my very good friend Sarah runs a pampering business called Pretty Kitty, i have spoken to her already as she is looking to do more promo days. basically the company come to your home and do pamper parties for young girls, hen parties, makeovers, massage, individual appointments....My idea was to let her have a stand at the dog show, she could do mini nail paints, toe paints, shoulder massage for small contribution. All contribution would go you YTTBR of course, but Sarah would have the opportunity of spreading the word of her business, getting more bookings. We would benefit from another way of fund raising, having something different to keep people at the show all day......i can get a few more helpers from my daughters school......what do you guys think? just wanted to run it by you x

not sure if anyone saw this? just an idea? x

I'll mention it to Val later on today as she has had a couple of hospital appointments this week and that's where she is this morning again and she will respond asap. I'm the little helper so will leave it to "my boss" to get back to you.Thank you for bringing it to our attention cos we never want any ideas or offers to help to be seem to be ignored.

chihuahuamom

Post by chihuahuamom on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:06 am

ah bless you, thanks. My friends i have are in full support of my involvement with you guys, and i am pretty good with coming up with crazy ideas. I also have good contacts in the Grantham Journal, so we can really make this big and successfull. thanks Helen x x

tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:00 am

chihuahuamom wrote:ah bless you, thanks. My friends i have are in full support of my involvement with you guys, and i am pretty good with coming up with crazy ideas. I also have good contacts in the Grantham Journal, so we can really make this big and successfull. thanks Helen x x

Hi Sam

Apologies for not even thanking you for your very kind offer and it is a brilliant idea but you can call it crazy if you want. lol! Val won't thank me for saying this but she hasn't been feeling too good the past couple of days,but just soldiers on. I know she will get back to you asap and now I'm away to hide Hide cos she will bash me Headbasher

BabsHunt

Post by BabsHunt on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:38 pm

I have hand made jewellry for the jewellry stall, mostly earrings and bracelets, one or two necklaces...when do I send them in, and where to please?
jaguar
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by jaguar on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:04 pm

BabsHunt wrote:I have hand made jewellry for the jewellry stall, mostly earrings and bracelets, one or two necklaces...when do I send them in, and where to please?
i will p.m you my address if that is ok
val xxx
jaguar
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by jaguar on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:34 pm

chihuahuamom wrote:Val i can do some baking, i can also get my daughter who goes to KGGS to see if we can rally up some more support with the help of her friends. x
that will be wonderful super-duper fandabidozi and anything else we can think of. the more cakes we have the better. but you have to keep Gordon way from the stall cos he will buy them all. you have to tell him to get back to the B.B.Q.
perhaps your daughters friends parents would like to help us making cakes etc. & by entering the other things we have i.e. wood work, flower arranging & even doing a cake for the cake competition.
fran53

Post by fran53 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Are new knitted doggy jumpers any good for the Dog Show, I have some from Pets at Home with all the labels and hangers still on them, they were reduced already and they gave me another 10% off with a voucher I had and then another 5% off for buying all the ones they had left. It they're any good, who's best to send it to

FRAN
Ladycool
Total Bampot
Total Bampot

Post by Ladycool on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:37 pm

fran53 wrote:Are new knitted doggy jumpers any good for the Dog Show, I have some from Pets at Home with all the labels and hangers still on them, they were reduced already and they gave me another 10% off with a voucher I had and then another 5% off for buying all the ones they had left. It they're any good, who's best to send it to

FRAN

PM Val she will keep you right. Fran... ...

I am the voice of the voiceless; Through me the dumb shall speak,
Till the deaf world's ears be made to hear The wrongs of the wordless weak.
And I am my brothers keeper, And I will fight his fights.
And speak the words for beast and bird Till the world shall set things right.
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
cowboyz
FORUM BUDDY

Post by cowboyz on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:39 pm

have pm val for you she will answer you asa..
jaguar
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by jaguar on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:51 pm

ladycool wrote:
fran53 wrote:Are new knitted doggy jumpers any good for the Dog Show, I have some from Pets at Home with all the labels and hangers still on them, they were reduced already and they gave me another 10% off with a voucher I had and then another 5% off for buying all the ones they had left. It they're any good, who's best to send it to

FRAN
either sue or me it doesnt really matter...

PM Val she will keep you right. Fran... ...
fran53

Post by fran53 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:00 am

I thought that was probably the answer, I'll get them posted off next week. for sunny
BabsHunt

Post by BabsHunt on Tue May 29, 2012 9:02 pm

Val - there's another box of handmade jewellery on it's way to you today.

I've stuffed as much as I can into it - I think that will be it for now - or your stall will buckle under the weight of beads etc.

Hope they do some good Very Happy

artysgirl41

Post by artysgirl41 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Geoff & I will be there to help out same as last year. Just let us know what time etc xx

yesod

Post by yesod on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Should be able to help most of the day, as last year... joey and the rest of the family will be along later in the day too.
jaguar
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by jaguar on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:28 pm

Here is the bouncy castle we are having this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.mousybrown.co.uk/images/bounce&slide.jpg
nixnix

Post by nixnix on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Have someone asking on facebook if entries to the dog show need to be toy breeds? Smile x
yorkiegirl
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post by yorkiegirl on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:20 pm

nixnix wrote:Have someone asking on facebook if entries to the dog show need to be toy breeds? Smile x

Most certainly not. Last years Best in Show was Chelseyfj little Staffie Star. It is a fun day dog show open to all dogs the more the merrier.
x

http://dogrescue-pages.forumotion.com
nixnix

Post by nixnix on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:26 pm

lol! fab thanks Very Happy x
jaguar
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by jaguar on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:00 am

yorkiegirl wrote:
nixnix wrote:Have someone asking on facebook if entries to the dog show need to be toy breeds? Smile x

Most certainly not. Last years Best in Show was Chelseyfj little Staffie Star. It is a fun day dog show open to all dogs the more the merrier.
x
last years best in show was lily reg & carols yorkie they had only had her 3 days when she won....
jaguar
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by jaguar on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:34 pm

Only 2 weeks today & the dog show is here.....
i really need to know
is anyone making any cakes for the cake stall & is anyone able to help on the stall even if its only an hour all help is greatfully received......

does anyone have any tombola things to donate?..........

hope the weather is good but it doesn't really matter as this year it is all under cover. cheers just incase it rains......

rosalie
The Guru
The Guru

Post by rosalie on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:10 pm

If I come I will bring wellies just in case.

What sort of things for the tombola, I never go to any so don't know whats good or not a good idea.
kenlescamp

Post by kenlescamp on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:15 pm

I've got some things for the tombola - some nice (perfume sets, men's toiletries in boxes, etc) and some very small for the 'non-winning tickets'. I have asked my sister to make some cakes, I'll double check with her what she can do. I think I've got a mini koala and a big poo bear which I got for the teddy stall, but can go on the tombola I suppose.

Anything else you want?
kenlescamp

Post by kenlescamp on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:17 pm

I imagine Henry and I will do an hour on the cake stall, can he sit on my knee, health and safety in mind!! He'll have just had a bath! Rolling Eyes
jackie_stout
FORUM BUDDY

Post by jackie_stout on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:42 pm

BabsHunt wrote:Val - there's another box of handmade jewellery on it's way to you today.

I've stuffed as much as I can into it - I think that will be it for now - or your stall will buckle under the weight of beads etc.

Great as I have orders from friends who have seen my bits from you.

Val - I will be there and can always help out Sue knows.

jaguar
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by jaguar on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:50 pm

jackie_stout wrote:
BabsHunt wrote:Val - there's another box of handmade jewellery on it's way to you today.

Great as I have orders from friends who have seen my bits from you.

Val - I will be there and can always help out Sue knows.
thank-you Babs i think you have done a marvelous job of donating so many wonderful things

thank-you Jackie Sue & I had a meeting today to discuss stalls & your name is on the list..

Rosealie anything is ok for the tombola it could be a packet of stuffing or an expensive bottle of perfume we are thankful of everything that you all donate....

Lesley i will add your name to the list

Marion

Post by Marion on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Val.....i purposely haven't volunteered for anything specific...so will be available for anything on the day pending my dogs behaving lol....so wherever you want me when i get there...will be in hotel from sat afternoon if anyone is popping in for a drink...i know wendy and les (blues slaves) will be lol...who else has booked in the Angel....... else ??????
rosalie
The Guru
The Guru

Post by rosalie on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Will see if I have anything that is not out of date then, that I am not likely to use before Marian picks up these things..

Only looked on one shelf so far nothing in date 1997 tin of some thing, oldest on that shelf.
cowboyz
FORUM BUDDY

Post by cowboyz on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:21 pm

Unfortunately we will not be there ..Ava goes into hospital ( vets ) to have at least 3 maybe 5 lumps removed this week from her back and one from her tail...and as you all know Tim cant walk far ........

I hope the sunny and everyone has a good time..

Last edited by cowboyz on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
rosalie
The Guru
The Guru

Post by rosalie on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:11 pm

I hope she gets on all right Jennie. for you all.
cherrylincs
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by cherrylincs on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:08 pm

jaguar wrote:

Only 2 weeks today & the dog show is here.....
i really need to know
is anyone making any cakes for the cake stall & is anyone able to help on the stall even if its only an hour all help is greatfully received......

does anyone have any tombola things to donate?..........

hope the weather is good but it doesn't really matter as this year it is all under cover. cheers just incase it rains......

I will be making some cakes for the stall. not sure if will be able to help with the stall tho as bring my son and Luca (luca loves cakes) lol xxx
jaguar
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by jaguar on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:49 am

kenlescamp wrote:I've got some things for the tombola - some nice (perfume sets, men's toiletries in boxes, etc) and some very small for the 'non-winning tickets'. I have asked my sister to make some cakes, I'll double check with her what she can do. I think I've got a mini koala and a big poo bear which I got for the teddy stall, but can go on the tombola I suppose.

Anything else you want?
the pooh bear will go on the disney if you are agreable & the mini koala on the tombola please...
anything else you would like to donate & of course yourselves at the dog show & henry....
tilly790

Post by tilly790 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:15 pm

cowboyz wrote:Unfortunately we will not be there ..Ava goes into hospital ( vets ) to have at least 3 maybe 5 lumps removed this week from her back and one from her tail...and as you all know Tim cant walk far ........

I hope the sunny and everyone has a good time..
Hope Ava gets on ok at vets ..
jaguar
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by jaguar on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:04 pm

we had 3 friends arrive today they are staying until the dog show where you can all meet them...............................
Photobucket
Photobucket

chihuahuamom

Post by chihuahuamom on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Hello everyone! did someone say cakes!!!!!!

I will be making cakes for the dog show as promised. How many will you want me to bake? Cupcakes are ideal for this kind of event, and i have some lovely Yorkie toppers to use courtesy of Elliebelly.

If i get my daughter and a few of her friends to help you on the stall too??

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:34 pm