The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

pepsi has come to the rescue

toastie's mummy

pepsi has come to the rescue

Post by toastie's mummy on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Pepsi has come to the rescue, due to the owner not being able to care for him properly. He has an on going ear infection that has resulted in terribly sore tender ears...He is roughly 11yrs old, and such a sweet old man. Pepsi's owner had him for about 2yrs, she got him from a lady who no longer wanted him either. This poor old lad needs to be enjoying his twilight years.

tilly790

Re: pepsi has come to the rescue

Post by tilly790 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:12 pm

oh bless him..

Marion

Post by Marion on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:15 pm

He looks a lovely little chappie...looks well for his years xxx
cherrylincs
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by cherrylincs on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:22 pm

What a lovely little man. Big
bb666

Post by bb666 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:23 pm

such a lovely sweet face Smile
yorkiegirl
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post by yorkiegirl on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:41 pm

toastie's mummy wrote:Pepsi has come to the rescue, due to the owner not being able to care for him properly. He has an on going ear infection that has resulted in terribly sore tender ears...He is roughly 11yrs old, and such a sweet old man. Pepsi's owner had him for about 2yrs, she got him from a lady who no longer wanted him either. This poor old lad needs to be enjoying his twilight years.

Thank you Larian for caring so much & taking this little chap in (I will have you shot later lol! ). He has such a sad little face. Hopefully now he is getting medical attention & lots of TLC he will start to feel a lot better.
Anything he needs please ask. I will get Marion to send you a wormer/flea/bed/harness etc.

http://dogrescue-pages.forumotion.com
WAS7

Post by WAS7 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:09 pm

Lovely little chap and hope he will soon be feeling happier
helen01
Mad Hull Dog Woman

Post by helen01 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Love2 Love2 What a lovely looking little feller, I hope he feels better soon We can now change your title to 'mad dog woman of Glasgow' as that's what they did to me when I took in waifs and strays
BabsHunt

Post by BabsHunt on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:17 pm

What a lovely elderly gentleman, he deserves peace and love now. Bless.
toastie's mummy

Post by toastie's mummy on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:18 pm

yorkiegirl wrote:
toastie's mummy wrote:Pepsi has come to the rescue, due to the owner not being able to care for him properly. He has an on going ear infection that has resulted in terribly sore tender ears...He is roughly 11yrs old, and such a sweet old man. Pepsi's owner had him for about 2yrs, she got him from a lady who no longer wanted him either. This poor old lad needs to be enjoying his twilight years.

Thank you Larian for caring so much & taking this little chap in (I will have you shot later lol! ). He has such a sad little face. Hopefully no w he is getting medical attention & lots of TLC he will start to feel a lot better.
Anything he needs please ask. I will get Marion to send you a wormer/flea/bed/harness etc.

Hehe.. ill be wearing bullet proof clothing from now on hahaha..
Helen and i were the yorkie squad 2day.
He will most definitely get the tlc he most desperately deserves. Xx xxxxx
jaguar
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by jaguar on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:22 pm

I hope he is behaving his self for you Helen. how is he with Harry & Hamish???
for all of you !!!!!
toastie's mummy

Post by toastie's mummy on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:24 pm

helen01 wrote: Love2 Love2 What a lovely looking little feller, I hope he feels better soon We can now change your title to 'mad dog woman of Glasgow' as that's what they did to me when I took in waifs and strays

I'm liking that new title already. Hehe ... Xx

Pepsi is with aunty Helen - tandymar... As he wasn't in the mood for being constantly humped by Bruce. Was too much for him with his really sore ears - bless him..
Xx
helen01
Mad Hull Dog Woman

Post by helen01 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:45 pm

toastie's mummy wrote:
helen01 wrote: Love2 Love2 What a lovely looking little feller, I hope he feels better soon We can now change your title to 'mad dog woman of Glasgow' as that's what they did to me when I took in waifs and strays

I'm liking that new title already. Hehe ... Xx

Pepsi is with aunty Helen - tandymar... As he wasn't in the mood for being constantly humped by Bruce. Was too much for him with his really sore ears - bless him..
Xx

Aww bless him Love3 Hope he soon feels better
tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:14 am

All the boys are behaving themselves and getting on really well together. They were our for a walk yesterday evening and again this morning and normally Harry doesn't do mornings but has been up since 6.45 this morning and is hyper. Him and Hamish are chasing each other all over the garden with Pepsi sitting in the sun watching their antics. I didn't bath Pepsi last night as I felt that he had gone through enough yesterday - it was quite a traumatic day for all. I bathed his eyes and got most of the gunk away and had to bribe him to take his medication but in the end a bit of gammon steak did the trick. Rolling Eyes

He has now had a bath and besides smelling a lot better I'm sure he feels better too.He now has a hoodie on as he was shivering even though he was dried thoroughly after his bath and I got him a little baby brush as his coat is quite thin at the monment but with lots of TLC that will improve.So far he has been very clean in the house not even one accident and he slept soundly last night - wish I had - just kept wakening up wondering if he was okay. He seems to have been accepted as the "granpa" or "daddy" as Hamish and Harry keep running over to him and he just does a low growl and they leave him alone so no snapping biting or any aggresion so far and my fingers are crossed that it will continue. He is an absolute angel with the cats too - they can't believe how accepting he is of them. cat cat

I am trying to take pics but they keep moving about but I've got one or two and will post them later. He's just came over besdie me to let me know that he is there so I think it's cuddle time again.
adelle92

Post by adelle92 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:42 am

Poor old man, too much moving from home to home for his age Sad I always fall for the oldies !
xx
toastie's mummy

Post by toastie's mummy on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:28 pm

Awww Helen... That's fab!
He is such a darling old fella. Very Happy can't wait to see him again

Ur doing an amazing job.
for the old man xxxx and well.done to hamish and harry 2 Xxx
aspenscript

Post by aspenscript on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:28 pm

He's just lovely
maureen3

Post by maureen3 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Such a shame to be rehomed again at his age - lovely little dog.
minniedog91
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by minniedog91 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:41 pm

cheers Yeay!!! I pass the mantle on to you Larian!!! lol!
toastie's mummy

Post by toastie's mummy on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:52 pm

Xx
Ladycool
Total Bampot
Total Bampot

Post by Ladycool on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:33 pm

minniedog91 wrote:

toastie's mummy wrote: Xx

I can see a pattern developing Larian if your anything like Rebecca... Laughing

OOOo helen so you got this little one......cant wait to see the pics, if you need any help let me know...Ive still got that little blue harness and have maybe a coat or jumper around, depending on the size.. Question flower

I am the voice of the voiceless; Through me the dumb shall speak,
Till the deaf world's ears be made to hear The wrongs of the wordless weak.
And I am my brothers keeper, And I will fight his fights.
And speak the words for beast and bird Till the world shall set things right.
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
toastie's mummy

Post by toastie's mummy on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:11 am

ladycool wrote:
minniedog91 wrote:

toastie's mummy wrote: Xx

I can see a pattern developing Larian if your anything like Rebecca... Laughing

OOOo helen so you got this little one......cant wait to see the pics, if you need any help let me know...Ive still got that little blue harness and have maybe a coat or jumper around, depending on the size.. Question flower

It's been that way in my family for generations Jane.. my gramps and uncles used to surprise everyone with bringing in the waifs and strays. lol!
They Wer btr fed than us 2! Shocked
lol! Xx

Pepsi is just lovely Jane - perfect little old gentleman. Xx Love2
BabsHunt

Post by BabsHunt on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:18 am

Now, are you sure that's Pepsi? and not our Alfie? Talk about a double!!!

Pepsi - you are super gorgeous Love2 Love2 Love2

tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The boys after they had a good run about in the garden.I know Harry has a pink jumper on but he was a wee bit shivery when he came in for his nap and that was the first one I put my hand on. They are all so tired but Mr Pepsi is the king of the castle he loves to sit on the back of the sofa.

Will give another update tomorrow about Pepsi but he loves his hoodie he decided to carry it around for a wee while after I took it off last night.
aspenscript

Post by aspenscript on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:38 pm

I love the third pic Helen... and what a great hoody! How's his ears now and just curious.. is the poor little chap sore under his back legs too.. or is his skin just 'colourful'?

He looks like he's having a fab time with you and the boys x x
WAS7

Post by WAS7 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Lovely pictures .... all of them Love1 Love1 Love1
tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:22 pm

aspenscript wrote:I love the third pic Helen... and what a great hoody! How's his ears now and just curious.. is the poor little chap sore under his back legs too.. or is his skin just 'colourful'?

He looks like he's having a fab time with you and the boys x x

His ears are still sore - he was scratching his left one last night and I had to distract him as he would give a little yelp every now and then. The vet didn't want any drops put into his ears for a couple of days so I just tried to massage them from the outside and he seemed to love it. I was so worried about hurting him but I think he knew that I was only trying to help him.

About his skin underneath - I had noticed that and immediately thought he was very dirty there but even after his nice bath yesterday nothing washed away but I remember the vet saying something about skin going black and his skin isn't inflamed, just dirty looking or like very dark freckles but his "boys bits" are black. Hopefully Larian will be able to remind me as we were both with him at the vets, and she is coming through to help me put his ear drops in.

How this wee dog has been as good as he has with the pain he must be in - I can only love him all the more for it. Angie you would love the way he is with the cats - he is amazing. The cats don't believe that he is so calm and keep waitng for him to chase them but he just treats them as if this is the norm.

Last edited by tandymar on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error as usual)
tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:38 pm

Oh please don't give up your knitting sheilaj as I love the knitted jumpers for Harry in the winter and I'm sure that other foster carers/owners would appreciate them. he loved his hoodie and has cuddled into it tonight again but that may be because he hasn't really had his "own" things before......time will tell.

Please keep knitting - jumpers are always needed. Very Happy
Ladycool
Total Bampot
Total Bampot

Post by Ladycool on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:13 am

Think that fleece the tiger one was the one Auntie Val sent up scratch Very Happy
Your good at the knitting Sheila well done you, I'm hopeless at knitting.
I don't think I'm able to put any more pics on of Monty Ponty but you can still send them to admin
If they can fit it in.

I am the voice of the voiceless; Through me the dumb shall speak,
Till the deaf world's ears be made to hear The wrongs of the wordless weak.
And I am my brothers keeper, And I will fight his fights.
And speak the words for beast and bird Till the world shall set things right.
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:19 am

I might be wrong but I'm sure it was either from jaguar (Val) or ladycool (Jane) as we all help each other out whether for our own dogs or rescues. Which ever one of these lovely ladies gave me it will answer this question so you will know in the next day or two.

As i said please keep up the good work with your knitting - I am hopeles, can only do plain and purl!!
I'm having a wee ball to myslef just now as all the dogs have gone to sleep and I can have a look at all the threads.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:02 pm