The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

pepsi has come to the rescue

toastie's mummy

Re: pepsi has come to the rescue

Post by toastie's mummy on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:11 am

ladycool wrote:
minniedog91 wrote:
helen01 wrote: Love2 Love2 What a lovely looking little feller, I hope he feels better soon We can now change your title to 'mad dog woman of Glasgow' as that's what they did to me when I took in waifs and strays

cheers Yeay!!! I pass the mantle on to you Larian!!! lol!

toastie's mummy wrote: Xx

I can see a pattern developing Larian if your anything like Rebecca... Laughing

OOOo helen so you got this little one......cant wait to see the pics, if you need any help let me know...Ive still got that little blue harness and have maybe a coat or jumper around, depending on the size.. Question flower

It's been that way in my family for generations Jane.. my gramps and uncles used to surprise everyone with bringing in the waifs and strays. lol!
They Wer btr fed than us 2! Shocked
lol! Xx

Pepsi is just lovely Jane - perfect little old gentleman. Xx Love2

BabsHunt

Post by BabsHunt on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:18 am

Now, are you sure that's Pepsi? and not our Alfie? Talk about a double!!!

Pepsi - you are super gorgeous Love2 Love2 Love2

tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The boys after they had a good run about in the garden.I know Harry has a pink jumper on but he was a wee bit shivery when he came in for his nap and that was the first one I put my hand on. They are all so tired but Mr Pepsi is the king of the castle he loves to sit on the back of the sofa.

Will give another update tomorrow about Pepsi but he loves his hoodie he decided to carry it around for a wee while after I took it off last night.

aspenscript

Post by aspenscript on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:38 pm

I love the third pic Helen... and what a great hoody! How's his ears now and just curious.. is the poor little chap sore under his back legs too.. or is his skin just 'colourful'?

He looks like he's having a fab time with you and the boys x x

WAS7

Post by WAS7 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Lovely pictures .... all of them Love1 Love1 Love1

tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:22 pm

aspenscript wrote:I love the third pic Helen... and what a great hoody! How's his ears now and just curious.. is the poor little chap sore under his back legs too.. or is his skin just 'colourful'?

He looks like he's having a fab time with you and the boys x x

His ears are still sore - he was scratching his left one last night and I had to distract him as he would give a little yelp every now and then. The vet didn't want any drops put into his ears for a couple of days so I just tried to massage them from the outside and he seemed to love it. I was so worried about hurting him but I think he knew that I was only trying to help him.

About his skin underneath - I had noticed that and immediately thought he was very dirty there but even after his nice bath yesterday nothing washed away but I remember the vet saying something about skin going black and his skin isn't inflamed, just dirty looking or like very dark freckles but his "boys bits" are black. Hopefully Larian will be able to remind me as we were both with him at the vets, and she is coming through to help me put his ear drops in.

How this wee dog has been as good as he has with the pain he must be in - I can only love him all the more for it. Angie you would love the way he is with the cats - he is amazing. The cats don't believe that he is so calm and keep waitng for him to chase them but he just treats them as if this is the norm.

Last edited by tandymar on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error as usual)

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:31 pm

He looks gorgeous in his little leopard? fleece. I'm tempted to give up knitting already and buy one of these!
Sheilaj, Bonnie and Monty Pontyxxx

tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:38 pm

Oh please don't give up your knitting sheilaj as I love the knitted jumpers for Harry in the winter and I'm sure that other foster carers/owners would appreciate them. he loved his hoodie and has cuddled into it tonight again but that may be because he hasn't really had his "own" things before......time will tell.

Please keep knitting - jumpers are always needed. Very Happy

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Very Happy I was only joking Tandymar. I've had such wonderful feedback on my Monty Ponty Designer Wear I can't give up now! lol! I do love that fleece though. Can you remember where you bought it?
Ladycool
Total Bampot
Total Bampot

Post by Ladycool on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:13 am

Think that fleece the tiger one was the one Auntie Val sent up scratch Very Happy
Your good at the knitting Sheila well done you, I'm hopeless at knitting.
I don't think I'm able to put any more pics on of Monty Ponty but you can still send them to admin
If they can fit it in.

I am the voice of the voiceless; Through me the dumb shall speak,
Till the deaf world's ears be made to hear The wrongs of the wordless weak.
And I am my brothers keeper, And I will fight his fights.
And speak the words for beast and bird Till the world shall set things right.
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:19 am

I might be wrong but I'm sure it was either from jaguar (Val) or ladycool (Jane) as we all help each other out whether for our own dogs or rescues. Which ever one of these lovely ladies gave me it will answer this question so you will know in the next day or two.

As i said please keep up the good work with your knitting - I am hopeles, can only do plain and purl!!
I'm having a wee ball to myslef just now as all the dogs have gone to sleep and I can have a look at all the threads.
tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:21 am

Thank you Jane

Great minds think alike or.......... I'm not saying the other one. I feel like a naughty schoolgirl staying up late....

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:35 am

Have pictures of Monsieur Ponty been banned Jane?
aspenscript

Post by aspenscript on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:40 am

[quote="tandymar]

About his skin underneath - I had noticed that and immediately thought he was very dirty there but even after his nice bath yesterday nothing washed away but I remember the vet saying something about skin going black and his skin isn't inflamed, just dirty looking or like very dark freckles but his "boys bits" are black. Hopefully Larian will be able to remind me as we were both with him at the vets, and she is coming through to help me put his ear drops in.

[/quote]

poor little man, he just looked very red to me... didn't think it was dirt in your lovely hands!! and please don't tell me how good he is with cats!!! I am having a real hard time with Pepsi.. he's 11 just as my Jamie was and I still feel robbed.. and he is just soooooo lovely... and I am getting very very very very very very broody for him and I just know my OH would think I was bonkers as I'm just finally getting sanity back into my house from all the cat chasing, Toby's yapping and dog aggression.. all only just getting under control!!
rosalie
The Guru
The Guru

Post by rosalie on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:23 am

If you are good with sewing you can buy fleece like it or similar on ebay.

Black skin on tummy (dogs of course) Trixie had it with the last owner and the vet gave her antibiotics, it might be the same.
gail
PIMP
PIMP

Post by gail on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:57 am

sheilaj wrote:Have pictures of Monsieur Ponty been banned Jane?

not at all.. its a technical difficulty... jane needs to throw the laptop in the bin lol!

so for now, send pics to admin@yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

jaguar
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by jaguar on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:34 am

tandymar wrote:I might be wrong but I'm sure it was either from jaguar (Val) or ladycool (Jane) as we all help each other out whether for our own dogs or rescues. Which ever one of these lovely ladies gave me it will answer this question so you will know in the next day or two.

As i said please keep up the good work with your knitting - I am hopeles, can only do plain and purl!!
I'm having a wee ball to myslef just now as all the dogs have gone to sleep and I can have a look at all the threads.
It was meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee its a kissiboo one www.kissiboo.co.uk was around £10.00...
Ladycool
Total Bampot
Total Bampot

Post by Ladycool on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:28 am

Yes Val I think Lilly came with it or you sent it up.
It will keep Pepsi warm I'm sure, he now looks like a little tiger. lol!
Sheila I'm happy to post pics. I have. No laptop at moment I could try doing it on mobile but not sure if I can , Internet on mobile is a strain as print is so small for us golden oldies. X
Helen do u want the blue harness and if u let
Me know size for coat I will see what I have here,hope you all had a good. Night its going to be a warm weekend so they say although in the park earlier was very cool sunny

Last edited by ladycool on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Canny see)

- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:34 pm

Thanks everyone - and sorry Pepsi for nicking your thread. Off to order fleece for Monty because it's just tooooo cute for words.
Sheilajxxxx
tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:48 pm

We've not been on for a couple of days because of the extremly good weather we have been having. Pepsi is enjoying all the new walks he has been going on and they all spend most of their time outside just now. He doesn't like sharing his toys at all. They are his and nobody will come near them. I asked for advice and took his toys away from him and he promptly stole every toy of the others that he could find. Not a stupid dog by any manner of means.

He absolutely loves squeaky toys but they don't last long - I'll need to look for reinforced ones I think. He doesn't bother about going to the window like other two but doesn't like anyone knocking at the door. He loves going for his walks but I will need to try and work with him as he wanders all over the place.

I am still totally amazed at how good Hamish is as Pepsi growls even if Hamish is just walking into the living room but Hamish just ignores him............long may it continue. He has growled at Harry when the wee one goes to get his own toys off him so at the moment I feel I am constantly saying no. I have to take them out in relays as I tried all three a couple of times but ended up in a right fankle. He is my constant shadow - follows me everywhere and I know it is still early days but what I have witnessed so far I think it would be best if he was the only dog or maybe another oldie to share with. He doesn't bother with other dogs when we are out for a walk and I'm hoping that continues.

Larian came over today to help me clean his ears and am I glad that she did. His ears are still very sore and we did have a bit of a struggle trying to help him but got there in the end, thank you again Larian for helping. I hope you see another big improvement when you see him next week. He still has steroid tablets and antibiotics to take for another week but I do see an improvement already and it's only been a few days. Well it's still lovely so who's turn is it now for a walk?????

Marion

Post by Marion on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:00 pm

tandymar wrote:We've not been on for a couple of days because of the extremly good weather we have been having. Pepsi is enjoying all the new walks he has been going on and they all spend most of their time outside just now. He doesn't like sharing his toys at all. They are his and nobody will come near them. I asked for advice and took his toys away from him and he promptly stole every toy of the others that he could find. Not a stupid dog by any manner of means.

He absolutely loves squeaky toys but they don't last long - I'll need to look for reinforced ones I think. He doesn't bother about going to the window like other two but doesn't like anyone knocking at the door. He loves going for his walks but I will need to try and work with him as he wanders all over the place.

I am still totally amazed at how good Hamish is as Pepsi growls even if Hamish is just walking into the living room but Hamish just ignores him............long may it continue. He has growled at Harry when the wee one goes to get his own toys off him so at the moment I feel I am constantly saying no. I have to take them out in relays as I tried all three a couple of times but ended up in a right fankle. He is my constant shadow - follows me everywhere and I know it is still early days but what I have witnessed so far I think it would be best if he was the only dog or maybe another oldie to share with. He doesn't bother with other dogs when we are out for a walk and I'm hoping that continues.

Larian came over today to help me clean his ears and am I glad that she did. His ears are still very sore and we did have a bit of a struggle trying to help him but got there in the end, thank you again Larian for helping. I hope you see another big improvement when you see him next week. He still has steroid tablets and antibiotics to take for another week but I do see an improvement already and it's only been a few days. Well it's still lovely so who's turn is it now for a walk?????

He sounds like he's coming on leaps and bounds...the steroids will create mood swings so life might get easier when they are out of his sysem, they also aid weight gain so you might want to cut down his food intake temporariy being as he's a chunkie munkie....although if he's willing to walk it'll balance it out.....glad he's not so poorly now especially with this hot weather...xxxxx
toastie's mummy

Post by toastie's mummy on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:15 pm

Only too glad to help this handsome old fella... Looking 4ward to seeing him on Sunday again... Although poor Pepsi might not be glad to see me lol! Xx
tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:40 am

Thank you Marion I hadnt been aware of the mood swings but I did remember about the possibility of gaining weight (from someone who has been there but never seemed to lose it) He is a wee chunky monkey although he doesn't look it in the photos so I'll keep an eye on his weight.

It's a lovely morning again but still vey chilly and I have had to put Pepsi's hoodie on again as he is shivering. We were out for a lovely walk earlier this morning but have to wait in for the postie bringing a parcel to Pepsi so while they are having a snooze I will try and catch up with some housework. I did try to get some more pics but Pepsi wouldn't stay still long enough but I'll keep trying.
gail
PIMP
PIMP

Post by gail on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:44 am

'He absolutely loves squeaky toys but they don't last long - I'll need to look for reinforced ones I think.'

Squeaky toys are the main ones Polly likes. We've not found much that can't have it's squeak killed by polly Laughing

The only ones that last a little are the air kongs.
We have the tennis balls that last a while, and the bone shaped ones that last longer because they don't roll so she gets bored with them quicker.

If you find any that last longer than the air kongs, let me know as it's something I've been looking for since last summer.

Ladycool
Total Bampot
Total Bampot

Post by Ladycool on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:41 am

Lilly is the same all squeaks get killed Very Happy
I had madam Lilly's pink body warmer on in the park early this
Morn but halfway round we had to take it off sunny Got to warm.
As we crossed the water Lilly had a swift run at the local duck Shocked
Are you venturing down the Luggie park today Helen Question

- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:48 am

I'm going to try to get to Pets@Home tomorrow and see what I can find or maybe have a look online later because I have never known a dog to get through these squeaky toys as quick. He has just demolished another really rigid toy (not squeaky)that neither of my two bothered with.

Harry is normally such a placid wee soul but when Pepsi found another of his squeaky toys last night he had had enough. He ran afer Pepsi and was determined to get his toy back but Pepsi is quite toy aggresive so I was worried that Harry would come off worse. I caught him and he wriggled free and cornered Pepsi and my nerves were shattered but he wasn't having any of it,he was taking his toy back and Pepsi was not going to steal one of his toys again. Pepsi was cornered and looking rather fierce but Harry was not moving without his squeak, but I managed to grab Harry with one arm and the toy with the other and peace and calm was restored. All squeaky toys are safely hidden away for the time being.Prince Harry should be Richard the Lionheart.

A quick thank you to Marion - parcel arrived safe and sound and Pepsi sends you lots of hugs and kisses, everything is fab, many, many thanks. Have sent you a pm
tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:51 am

ladycool wrote:Lilly is the same all squeaks get killed Very Happy
I had madam Lilly's pink body warmer on in the park early this
Morn but halfway round we had to take it off sunny Got to warm.
As we crossed the water Lilly had a swift run at the local duck Shocked
Are you venturing down the Luggie park today Helen Question

Yes I could venture down later on - what time were you thinking about? We have been down in that area a few times since the weekend and wondered if we would bump into you but it would be nice to meet you today. sunny
fran53

Post by fran53 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:45 pm

I was told that children's toys are more sturdy than dog toys as they are subject to British Standard tests, maybe they would last longer, might have some in the charity shops
tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:53 pm

fran53 wrote:I was told that children's toys are more sturdy than dog toys as they are subject to British Standard tests, maybe they would last longer, might have some in the charity shops

Thanks Fran53 - I never thought of that so I'll have a look in the charity shops tomorrow before I go to P@H.
tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Sorry I never made it to P@H or the charity shops as the weather was still so good.

Pepsi has had such a wonderful day today and yesterday and his wee fetish for all the toys is not so bad.I have tried to coax him to play with my other two dogs but he seems to prefer his own fun making or my company. He is an adorable older man and has lots of life left in him to play ball or run after something in the garden.

Pepsi met Princess Lily yesterday and he was a gent until it was time to depart and they both sort of swooned after each other. Lily was looking fab and a different dog from the one that we first met last November. Her curls have gone but Hamish still liked the look and greeted her with a few wee licks to her face. I don't think Princess Lily was too excited to see Pepsi as there were a few air snaps from Lily - personally I think she wanted both of them to know who was the "boss" I think she did remember Hamish as he seemed to have less less air snaps, anyway she is a princess and will dictate when we can visit again . sunny lol!
toastie's mummy

Post by toastie's mummy on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:49 pm

You r doing such an amazing job with him Helen
The difference I seen in him, in only a few days was amazing.. he no longer looked sad cheers

Looking 4ward to seeing the gang again on Sunday for another ear cleaning session (at poor Pepsi's disgust) Shocked

Keep up the good work with this fabulous elderly gentleman Very Happy Clapping
tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:53 pm

I don't know if Pepsi is a little thief or he just likes things!!! He has my bag, an adapter and a dental stick in his bed with him. He must have taken them when I was in the kitchen making the dinner as he is my shadow and follows me everywhere. He doesn't like the dental sticks so he must have pinched that off Hamish or Harry. Here is the evidence:-

Photobucket

A favourite pastime of his:-

aspenscript

Post by aspenscript on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Pepsi what a cheeky boy!!!! Great photo Helen
WAS7

Post by WAS7 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Aah he's lovely Helen..... and as he can't get you in his bed, just wants a load of your 'stuff'
yorkiegirl
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post by yorkiegirl on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:51 pm

So we have a cleptomaniac amongst us.
Just like old times!!!!!
x

http://dogrescue-pages.forumotion.com
Ladycool
Total Bampot
Total Bampot

Post by Ladycool on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:47 am

Hope you dont mind helen but Im posting a few pics taken after our little walk in the park, Pepsi is a lovely boy and very well behaved, nothing seemed to phase him and he is enjoying Hamish's company and Lilly's.
Someone will be very lucky to have this lovely lad when he is ready,..he is gorgeous. Love3

- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:15 pm

No I don't mind you posting the pics at all. Hamish looks so scruffy - roll on Tuesday when him and Harry will have their makeover. It was lovely to meet with you and Princess Lily so lets hope we get the warm sunny days back again although a neighbour was saying that we have not to put our woolies away just yet and expect snow next week??????

Pepsi is a lovely older man who enjoys his walks and a ball but still prefers to make his own fun. He doesn't seem to want to play with the dogs at all. I will keep trying but not force him but, he does love his cuddles and would love to have someone who would let him sit on their lap or next to them and get lots of cuddles. Have had no accidents at all and doesn't seem too interested in marking anymore (or else I've just not noticed it yet) He will bark at strangers coming into the house but is gradually getting used to family and friends who visit. He is still great with the cats but he did get a little box around the ears from cheeky as he squashed in beside him once too often but it didn't phase Pepsi he just walked away. cat sunny
tandymar
Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:03 am

What can I say about this charing little dog apart from I have fallen in love with him. He has so many good points and so much life left in him that I hope there is a wonderful forever home out there for him. He gets on great with the cats- no problem whatsoever doesn't chase them or do anything wrong at all will even share a bed or bowl of food with them. His only problem is with Hamish as he still growls at him if he comes near me when we are in the living room and the strange thing is they have to go out into the garden and meet each other out there and pass each other going in and out of the house, plus they go on walks together and there is no problems then.

He has no problems with other dogs on his walks just ignores them and walks quite well on his lead. He does not walk to heel but equally does not pull too much and we are still working on this. I have not tried him off lead as I do not have suitable areas near me to do this. He barks if someone comes to the door and barks if left alone but calms down after a minute or two (I've stood outside to listen)He continues to be a bit of a little thief but it's not anything bad just wanting to make his own fun. He is a delight to have and is still my shadow and what he needs is someone to love him as much as he would love them. Will try and get more pics at the weekend. If you are thinking about Pepsi and have cats I can assure you that he has not been a threat to mine at all in any way - I have never seen a dog be so gentle and acceptable with cats that they had never known.
Ladycool
Total Bampot
Total Bampot

Post by Ladycool on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:13 am

You are doing a great job with him Helen, he is a little smasher...

He walks very well in the park when we were all together, and so well behaved ..and a yorkie that likes cats, cat Got to be a bonus.. cheers

Im sure when his assessment time is up and he is ready to go in the , we need a home ,he will find a forever home pretty soon, he is such a handsome and lovely boy.. Love1

I couldnt fault him, well he never nicked any of my stuff...

- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:25 am